Mastering the Art of Dental Impressions: Achieve Perfect Results with Our Step-by-Step Guide
Elevate your dental impression skills and achieve exceptional accuracy and comfort with our comprehensive guide.
$1360 $1285 Only
Get the Essentials Ready
- Ensure the right-sized trays for the upper and lower arches.
- Monitor impression time for precise results.
- Keep the putty cans nearby but wait to mix.
- Maintain cleanliness and prevent contamination.
- Clear pictures and keep cheeks away from the mouth.
Prepare for Success
- Wash hands thoroughly for cleanliness.
- Brush and floss teeth for optimal impressions.
- Check tray fit for a comfortable experience.
The Perfect Impression
- Achieve a uniform color by efficiently mixing blue and white putties.
- Apply equal pressure for accuracy around teeth and gums.
- Focus on clear imprints of molars and gum lines for outstanding results.
- Avoid redoing impressions for a seamless aligner fitting.
A Bad Impression
- Apply gentle, even pressure for clear tooth and gum imprints.
- Quickly mix putties for a uniform color before hardening.
- Minimize movement during impressions for accuracy.
- Use fingertips for consistent pressure and proper putty imprints on gums.
1. Start with upper teeth impressions and separate trays for upper and lower arches.
2. Mixing and molding
Wear gloves and combine white and blue putties until they form a uniform color.
3. 60 seconds
- Mix putties until a uniform color is achieved.
- Form a 4-inch long, uniform putty cylinder by rolling between palms.
- Fill the tray's U-shaped space with extended putty form.
4. First impression
- Place putty in mouth and press evenly over upper teeth.
- Hold putty steady for 3 ½ minutes for a precise impression.
- Gently remove the putty, and wipe away the residue with a clean towel.
5. Repeat the process for upper teeth impressions and twice for bottom teeth, creating four samples.
6. Capture the Smile
- Use a cheek retractor to separate lips.
- Take close-up photos of teeth and gums from different angles.
- Ensure proper lighting or use the phone's flash for better visibility.
- Take photos of the front teeth, right and left sides, and lower and upper molars.
Send Us Your Samples
Remove the cardboard liner, and re-insert four completed impressions into the box.
Wrap pre-paid return label around the previous shipping label.
Seal the package using a provided sticker and send it back to us.